Debug RSSI issues on Aruba APs

Aruba Employee

1. show ap active : Gives a snapshot of the channel and power settings of all the APs on the controller
2. show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <myap-name> <other-options> : This gives info about all the APs that are being heard by the <myap-name> AP. This includes RSSI info, classification etc. The command has options to select a specific channel, heard-ap, rap-tyep etc.
3. show ap monitor client-list ap-name <myap-name> : Similar to the 'ap-list' command - works for clients
4. show ap monitor stats ap-name <myap-name> mac <heard-ap|client> verbose : Gives lots of info regarding packet rates for a heard ap or client.
5. show ap monitor debug status ap-name <myap-name> : Gives a general snapshot of the AM module
6. show wms ap-list : This displays the RSSI info from the controller 
7. show wms counters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug 28935: All 5.0 ghz and most 2.4 ghz client rssi is 0 in the mib [AMP]
It looks like this is related to the known-issue that we have regarding background scanning of an AP. There are improvements that have being looked into as part of bug 25706. I will mark it as a dup of it.

Bug 27515: AP to AP and AP to client rssi seems inconsistent [AMP]
We ran some CLI commands to look into this - it may be that the problem is more on the g-band on the AMP controller. I will look into this and get back to Srinivas about CLI commands that may help with debugging it.

Bug 28657: Seeing an RSSI of 0 in the mib for monAPInforRSSI and monStaInfoRSSI [AMP]
I will mark it as a dup of one of the other bugs that was already opened on this.
AMP needs to look at monAPInfoSnrSignalPkts and monAPInfoSnrSampleTime - if they are 0 - then the RSSI value should be ignored.
1. show ap active : Gives a snapshot of the channel and power settings of all the APs on the controller
2. show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <myap-name> <other-options> : This gives info about all the APs that are being heard by the <myap-name> AP. This includes RSSI info, classification etc. The command has options to select a specific channel, heard-ap, rap-tyep etc.
3. show ap monitor client-list ap-name <myap-name> : Similar to the 'ap-list' command - works for clients
4. show ap monitor stats ap-name <myap-name> mac <heard-ap|client> verbose : Gives lots of info regarding packet rates for a heard ap or client.
5. show ap monitor debug status ap-name <myap-name> : Gives a general snapshot of the AM module
7. show wms counters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like this is related to the known-issue that we have regarding background scanning of an AP. There are improvements that have being looked into as part of bug 25706. I will mark it as a dup of it.

We ran some CLI commands to look into this - it may be that the problem is more on the g-band on the AMP controller. I will look into this and get back to Srinivas about CLI commands that may help with debugging it.

Bug 28657: Seeing an RSSI of 0 in the mib for monAPInforRSSI and monStaInfoRSSI [AMP]
I will mark it as a dup of one of the other bugs that was already opened on this.
AMP needs to look at monAPInfoSnrSignalPkts and monAPInfoSnrSampleTime - if they are 0 - then the RSSI value should be ignored.
7. show wms counters

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-06-2014 02:32 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for