Monitoring, Management & Location Tracking

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Articles relating to existing and legacy HPE Aruba Networking products and solutions including AirWave, Meridian Apps, ALE, Central / HPE Aruba Networking Central, and UXI / HPE Aruba Networking User Experience Insight

How do i avoid false down alerts on Airwave when a site is under scheduled maintainance 

Jun 29, 2014 12:54 PM

One of my site is undergoing renovation work and the devices are down. How do i avoid Airwave sending out device down alerts without disabling the trigger.

We can enable Planned downtime mode for such devices. Please refer to the screen shot below.

rtaImage.png

Enable the planned downtime mode. This will make AirWave not to poll the device until we disable the planned downtime mode. The device status will be shown as UP and we would not receive any false alarms for the same.

To move a bunch of devices to planned downtime mode, we would need to list them all in a view. The view may be group/folder view or anything which would list all of those devices.

Example: If we want to enable planned downtime mode for a controller and all its AP's, the view would be the Controller's Monitor page.

Once we have the view, use the "Modify Devices" link and select the appropriate devices and enable planned downtime mode as shown below.

rtaImage.png

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.