Monitoring, Management & Location Tracking

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Articles relating to existing and legacy HPE Aruba Networking products and solutions including AirWave, Meridian Apps, ALE, Central / HPE Aruba Networking Central, and UXI / HPE Aruba Networking User Experience Insight

How does Airwave handles upgrades of hybrid IAP cluster 

Jun 26, 2014 05:03 PM

I have a cluster of 5 IAP - 105's and they are being monitored/managed by Airwave. What should I expect when I add an IAP 135 to the existing cluster.

This article implies to all versions of Airwave

Different IAP hardware requires different firmware version to operate. Below is the details of it.

Firmware Hardware
ArubaInstant_Aries   Aruba Instant code for RAP-155 and RAP-155P
ArubaInstant_Cassiopeia   Aruba Instant code for IAP-134 and IAP-135
ArubaInstant_Centaurus     Aruba Instant code for IAP-224 and IAP-225
ArubaInstant_Orion           Aruba Instant code for IAP-92, IAP-93, IAP-104, IAP-105, IAP-175, RAP-3WN and RAP-3WNP
ArubaInstant_Pegasus   Aruba Instant code for RAP-108, RAP-109, IAP-114 and IAP-115

If we have a cluster with IAP 105's (they run on ArubaInstant_Orion) and we add a new IAP - 135 (it runs ArubaInstant_Cassiopeia), then the VC (Virtual Controller) would not be able to upgrade the IAP - 135 to the code of the cluster.

If Airwave is monitoring or managing the cluster and we have the below options enabled, the IAP will fetch the firmware file from Airwave and instantly upgrade to the code of the cluster.

We must have the firmware file uploaded on the Airwave.

Navigate to Device Setup -> Upload Firmware and files and add the firmware file.

rtaImage.png

If the IAP are in monitor mode, we must allow firmware upgrade in Monitor only Mode.

Navigate to AMP Setup -> general page and enable the below option.

rtaImage.png

#AP135
#RAP155

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.