|Question||Why am I getting mismatches on policies that are defined on my Aruba controller?|
With respect to policies defined on Aruba controllers, the AirWave server only knows about those policies that are defined on a global level, that is, those policies defined on the Master controller and pushed down to the Local controllers. The AirWave server doesn't know about policies that are defined only on the Local controllers (for example: VLAN-related policies like firewall policies).
Because AirWave doesn't know about these policies they will appear as mismatches in the audit: Desire: Delete.
There is a place in the AirWave UI where you can indicate that these policies are being used:
- Go to the AirWave group that the device is in
- Go to the Aruba Config tab and look for Aruba Policies
- Click on Show All
- Find the desired policy and click on the checkbox next to it
- Click on Save and Apply, then Apply Changes
- Audit the device again; there should no longer be a mismatch for that policy