Network Management

Aruba Employee

7.4 Upgrade Notes

Just wanted to pass along some notes about the new Airwave 7.4.

Upgrade from 7.3.x to 7.4 takes about 1.5 hours, depending on database size, it may take longer.

Nightly backup failed for us last night. I think that could have been because I had searched for "iPhone" late in the afternoon, which caused Airwave to lockup.

An awesome new feature is the port counters and statistics for the controllers! Very cool.

Single sign-on when you click on a controller IP.

The quick-search function is pretty sweet.

Zach

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Guru Elite

Re: 7.4 Upgrade Notes

How many devices do you have?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Arround 600 APs and typically 2.3k clients.

Our database is 1.5GB. We have about 1 year of data in Airwave. Physical, dual-quad, 16GB of RAM.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Occasional Contributor I

I want to upgrade to the 7.4 version from 7.3. We are new airwave users and just installed 7.3. I have downloaded the 7.4 upgrade file and the script but I can't upgrade instructions. I browsed throught the release notes and found nothing. Can one of you guys point me to the upgrade instructions? Thanks in advance.

Contributor II

Had similar issues.  Open a case with ARUBA Support - they will get you up and runing pretty quickly, "painless".  There are some changes in the process. 

Regular Contributor I

The 7.4 upgrade process will try to download the software from support.arubanetworks.com (instead of the old www.airwave.com site), so please do contact TAC if you run into any problems. We've tried to make the process seamless. 

Aruba Employee

One annoyance that I did notice is that the scroll wheel on my mouse no longer zooms in and out in VisualRF. That is a bit annoying.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor II

Huh - the "two-finger drag" thing on my MAC touch pad still does the zoom thing. :smileytongue:

Occasional Contributor I

You all probably know this already but here is what I was looking for;

start_amp_upgrade -v 7.4.2

You'll be prompted for a user name and password, use your support credentials, to download the code.

This started the upgrade process for me. During the install it suggested a upgrade to some of the kernel packages, here is the command it suggested (yours might be different);

cd /root/svn/mercury/src/x86_64/rpms/CentOS-5.0; rpm -Uvh kernel-2.6.18-274.7.1.el5.x86_64.rpm kernel-headers-2.6.18-274.7.1.el5.x86_64.rpm

I ran this, then rebooted and the upgrade was complete.

Regular Contributor I

in downloads i see only the 7.3.7 downloads.. i followed the KB article regarding 7.3.x 32bit upgrade and upgraded to latest 7.3.7 32.bit . now the KB article mentions the download file of 7.4.0 but im not able to download, getting error 404. i already have contact to support, i wonder why 7.3.7 downloads are working properly , fetching from the same location.

if you are in need of upgrade steps/how-to , then just browse the airwave KB , and enter "64bit", the first article includes everything you need.

regards

ben

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: