Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AMON and UCC

Posted Nov 25, 2015 03:59 AM

What additional functionality does Airwave provide when AMON is enabled on the controller versus standard SNMP monitoring. Our customer has Lync integration enabled on the controllers in addition.

• 2.  RE: AMON and UCC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 06:55 AM
    AMON is required for UCC reporting as well as AppRF data.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: AMON and UCC

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:06 AM

Thanks Tim, the controller has been added to Airwave but when I run the command - show mgmt-servers there is nothing listed there. If I specify Airwave as a management server will this simply enable the sending of AMON messages or will the enable Airwave management of the device which the customer does not want to implement. There is precious little information in the user guide regarding this.

• 4.  RE: AMON and UCC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:08 AM
    Yes you should configure AirWave as a mgmt-server type amp

Sent from Nine

• 5.  RE: AMON and UCC

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:12 AM

OK, I need to be sure that this won't put the controller into managed mode by Airwave if I configure this on the controller.

• 6.  RE: AMON and UCC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:14 AM
    It will not.

Sent from Nine

• 7.  RE: AMON and UCC

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:47 AM

OK, thanks Tim.

• 8.  RE: AMON and UCC

Posted Nov 26, 2015 08:30 AM

One more thing - do I just run the command - mgmt-server type amp primary-server x.x.x.x or do I need to create a mgmt-server profile and apply it somewhere?

• 9.  RE: AMON and UCC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2015 08:32 AM
    You can use the default-amp profile. Just ensure that UCC is enabled in the profile.

Sent from Nine

• 10.  RE: AMON and UCC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:15 AM

MDRF,

AMON is a one-way protocol that just sends traffic from the controller to Airwave.  It does not require management mode.  Please see the Airwave Aruba Controller setup document here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14097

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104