Network Management

Contributor I

AMON prefered over SNMP issues

I needed to disable Prefer AMON over SNMP so some wired usersnames would show up in Airwave. After I did so, the usernames showed up but I noticed a significant drop in users on my clients graph. I sorted by SSID and you can see that only 1 SSID took a hit. The bottom line is the SSID that lost clients as soon as i turned prefer amon off.

Im having issues figureing out why this is. Any insight?

Guru Elite

Re: AMON prefered over SNMP issues

Do not turn on "preferred Amon".  There is a bug with counting users in some versions of Airwave.  Just turn it off and still send an Amon feed and you should be okay.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Well I looked at the controller and I have more than 150 clients on that last SSID. So why is it reporting such a low number?

Aruba Employee

We have bug DE22391 in Airwave where RAP wired clients not showing up when we enable prefer AMON over SNMP setting. This issue will be fixed in AMP 8.2.4 and ETA is mid of May.

I would recommand to enable prefer AMON over SNMP setting.

Regards,

Pavan

Highlighted
Contributor I

I dont have any remote access points.

Aruba Employee

We have DE27808 defect opened for wired device not showing in latest code aswell and this will get address in AMP 8.2.4 along with RAP wired client device.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query give kudos:)

Contributor I

Roger that. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor II

With "Preferred AMON" enabled we get AppRF data from the controllers, but the reported number of clients takes a hit.

With "Preferred AMON" disabled we get NO AppRF data, but the number of reported clients are correct.

cjoseph wrote:

Do not turn on "preferred Amon".  There is a bug with counting users in some versions of Airwave.  Just turn it off and still send an Amon feed and you should be okay.

I've got an open support case regarding this...

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Aruba Employee

Glen,

May I know the Airwave version, how much client difference you are seeing when you enable prefer AMON setting?

Could you share the support ticket number/

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor II

Hi

The case is HPE Support Case 5320795051

The version is in the case notes. Can’t get to it at the moment on mobile. :(

Glen
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for