Network Management

AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

Hello all,

So I have a puzzle on my hands, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions?

Today I've been troubleshooting issues at a hospital, related to voice call quality. Drops/quality poor etc.

I've checked all the "normal" things (VRD type stuff), AP spread/volume, ARM, SSID specifics, QoS etc. etc. Nothing stood out that was "wrong" broadly speaking. I then checked on their AMP server, and when interogating some UCC stats, observed the attached screenshot.

Anybody have any guesses what might account for this? Specifically, I mean where the client DSCP and WMM appears to be 255?!?! That's not normal surely?!?! Note that the call failures seem to mostly follow a patern matching the 255 markers.

Phones are Mitel 5624. The estate is all Aruba controllers (7210 on 6.4.2.13), with a mix of AP215 and AP225. Stupidly, I didn't make a note of the AMP version. I think it was 8.0.something.

Any ideas?!?!

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Guru Elite

Re: AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

This appears to be a bug with short duration calls or calls that failed. We are opening a ticket to investigate.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

Cheers Colin.

I suspected it might have been a red-herring to be honest.

I went off after posting to look for other potential issues, and found a few bits which when tweaked seemed to help.

Thanks for confirming!

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: