Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes

Posted Oct 20, 2015 10:43 AM

The audit shows good.   However for whatever reason the list of devices keeps changing status from up to down.   The users aren't having any problem connecting.   I'm not seeing any issue when connecting directly to the cluster but I might be looking in the wrong place for issues.

The status keeps changing for some reason.    It only shows the correct number of clients during that time when it shows all APs as up and it is NOT verifying the instant virtual controller.

There are 0 alerts - I have no idea why it shows them as down when they are up.

Looking through my log I see

Instant AP with IP 10.x.x.xPSK based authentication: not contain a valid X-Shared-Secret in request header

Virtual Controller Instant-x:x:x Status changed to 'Virtual Controller authentication failed

• 2.  RE: APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2015 04:16 PM

Hello,

The issue is resolved - changed the APs virtual controller ID.

• 3.  RE: APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes

Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:39 PM

Having the same issue but cannot find where to change the virtual controller ID.  Can you please post where to do this?  Thank you.

• 4.  RE: APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes

Posted Oct 26, 2015 10:00 PM

Hello,

I went to maintenance, made a backup - it downloads the file to your computer.  Then you edit the file in wordpad - just changing the ID and then upload it back.

• 5.  RE: APs/Devices - List going from All APs up to All APs down every few minutes

Posted Nov 08, 2017 03:26 PM

I'm having the same issue.  I've changed the VC name but they're still not coming up.  All the AP's are 325's with the same Firmware (6.5.1.0-4.3.1.1_57902).  They're all up on the same switch on the same VLAN (receiving DHCP addresses in the same subnet).  Only two of the nine AP's we have deployed are up in the cluster.  The others are showing down, but ever 30-45 minutes they'll show as up for about two minutes before going down again.  I'm new to Aruba, so I'm not aware of all the little quirks and how to troubleshoot, but L2 connectivity is consistent and everything appears to be exactly the same on all the AP's.