Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Add Airwave Read-Only User

[ Edited ]

I've got an Airwave server up and running with standard licensing and some additional Eval licensing on 8.0.9 code

I tried to add a user with RO privlages but when I click add, the user never shows up. Is there something I'm missing in the procedure to activate this user? Are all the fields required?

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.29.00 AM.png

-Joey

Re: Add Airwave Read-Only User

Check the AMP Setup -> Roles page.  Make sure the read-only user role is set to enabled = yes.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor II

yes, its enabled.

I noticed that the read-only user can also edit devices except in VisualRF. I'd like to limit that as well to a true "read-only" account. Is that possible?

-Joey

For a new AMP user, the fields that are required are:

1) current password for 'admin' (the user password it asks for changes to reflect current user making the change, so for me it'd be 'rob')

2) username

3) password - MUST be at least 8 characters, must have an Upper, a Lower, a number, and a special char.  If it doesn't meet all 5 requirements, then you should see a message return of "Password must be at least 8 characters with a mix of upper, lower, numeric, and non-alphanumeric characters."

4) confirm password: must match password above

Name/Email/Phone/Notes are optional fields

For VRF, the role should already be in read only if it's the AMP default read only role.  Otherwise you can set VisualRF to read only on the AMP Setup -> Role page.

2016_03_07-462.jpg

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: