Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Add ap on airwave

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Add ap on airwave

Posted Dec 12, 2017 04:53 PM

From the Airwave I try to add a new AP of mark Aruba 215 from the access point the community and the servant that SNMP points has been created nevertheless from Airwave it indicates the following thing: Status: Down (SNMP get failed)

any suggestionsairwave-fail.PNGap-aruba.PNG

• 2.  RE: Add ap on airwave

Posted Dec 13, 2017 04:09 AM

since it is a aruba access point, is there any reason not to use ammon instead but SNMP?

Secondly do you have sufficient LIC-AW?

• 3.  RE: Add ap on airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 08:57 AM

Instant APs do not use AMON.  They use https post between the IAP and Airwave:

Screenshot 2017-12-13 at 05.52.42.png

Instant APs should be added to Airwave throught the Instant VC gui like below.  They should not be added through the Airwave device add dialog.  They are also not monitored through airwave by setting an SNMP read string on the IAP.

Screenshot 2017-12-13 at 05.55.07.png

For this and more information, please see the Instant Validated Reference Design Guide here:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/Aruba-VRDs/76/2/Aruba_Instant_VRD_2016.pdf

• 4.  RE: Add ap on airwave

Posted Feb 22, 2018 10:28 PM

Hi Joseph

The shared key is the same with which I enter the platform or is one that I generate and, if so, from where it is made. Regarding the activation option of aruba (activate.arubanetworks.com) in which it benefits, is it important to add the APs to the Airwave?

• 5.  RE: Add ap on airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:10 AM

Shared key can be anything. It is given by the user when you want to add IAP to Airwave. It acts as a bridge between the IAP Airwave communication(similar to community string for snmp)

When you add the IAP to Airwave for the first time you can give anything as the shared key. Once you have the Airwave IP, Organisation name and shared key given on IAP under settings, the particular VC will appear in the new device list on Airwave and also a group and folder will be automatically created on Airwave based on the organisation name you have given. Once the VC appears in the new devices list you can move it to the respective group and folder.

• 6.  RE: Add ap on airwave

Posted Feb 20, 2018 10:33 AM

I currently have 170 devices from the 200 of the license, I do not know what the error is