Network Management

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 11:31 AM

I have a bunch of devices to add in Airwave.

I was wondering If there was a CLI way to do this so I could use a script instead of one at a time in the GUI.

• 2.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 11:33 AM

I just saw the csv file option. I'm checking that out now...

• 3.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 11:44 AM

Another option besides from CSV is to do a network scan (Device Setup -> Discover).  The network scan works best if you have all your devices within a finite number of subnets, it is not the best solution if you are a retailer with 1000 stores on 1000 different subnets, but it works for customers with 1-5 network subnets.

• 4.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 11:45 AM

The scans are picking ap the APs and controllers, but not the Aruba Switches. Is that an option I can change somewhere? There are also Cisco switches on the network that I dont want to auto-populate...

but my customer does have quite a few subnets so discover probably isn't the best option.

Another thing i'm running into is that if a group is not specified for the switches, they are put into the AP group and when I try to move them it says "Its recommended to keep switches and controllers in different groups" even though i'm adding them to Switch groups. Then the move doesn't happen.

• 5.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Scans should be able to pick up switches as well.  What version of firmware are the switches running?  I can have someone try to reproduce to see if that's a bug.

As far as the device moving not working, that's something that should be looked at in a support case.  It should allow the movement while providing a warning message.

• 6.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 01:29 PM

The switches are on 7.2.3.0.

• 7.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 01:47 PM

if your Aruba switches have a 7.2.x code make sure you are using 7.7.x on your Airwave server

• 8.  RE: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

Posted Dec 11, 2013 02:31 PM

yes, it is 7.7.6