Network Management

Frequent Contributor II

Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

I have a bunch of devices to add in Airwave.

I was wondering If there was a CLI way to do this so I could use a script instead of one at a time in the GUI.

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Adding Devices with CLI in Airwave

I just saw the csv file option. I'm checking that out now...

Another option besides from CSV is to do a network scan (Device Setup -> Discover).  The network scan works best if you have all your devices within a finite number of subnets, it is not the best solution if you are a retailer with 1000 stores on 1000 different subnets, but it works for customers with 1-5 network subnets.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

The scans are picking ap the APs and controllers, but not the Aruba Switches. Is that an option I can change somewhere? There are also Cisco switches on the network that I dont want to auto-populate...

but my customer does have quite a few subnets so discover probably isn't the best option.

Another thing i'm running into is that if a group is not specified for the switches, they are put into the AP group and when I try to move them it says "Its recommended to keep switches and controllers in different groups" even though i'm adding them to Switch groups. Then the move doesn't happen.

Scans should be able to pick up switches as well.  What version of firmware are the switches running?  I can have someone try to reproduce to see if that's a bug.

As far as the device moving not working, that's something that should be looked at in a support case.  It should allow the movement while providing a warning message.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor II

The switches are on 7.2.3.0.

MVP

if your Aruba switches have a 7.2.x code make sure you are using 7.7.x on your Airwave server

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor II

yes, it is 7.7.6

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: