Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:28 PM

I just installed an Airwave Server as a virtual machine. I can access the CLI using SSH, but I cannot access the web interface. I have used the latest version of Firefox and IE 9 with no sucess. I have tried this on different machines. What can I be missing? Thanks for your assistance.

Dennis

• 2.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:41 PM

Try issuing amp_enable at the CLI.

• 3.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:55 PM

short, simpe, and it works. Thanks!!

• 4.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted May 03, 2017 12:08 PM

3.5 years after your comment I just did a fresh install of 8.2.3.1 (VM) and this still seems to be an issue. After completing the initial configuration dialog, the script prints that I can go to the web interface. When I try I get "connection refused" messages from my browser. 

While your comment did fix the issue, the AMP installation process implies that amp_enable has been run and that the web service is up and running. Any chance this behavior can be changed, or the printed message changed to include the command to enable AMP?

• 5.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2017 12:10 PM

Hi,

We need to wait for couple of mintues for all the serivces to come up. Run below command

#wd

It should display more than thirty services.

Regards,

Pavan

• 6.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted May 03, 2017 12:17 PM

Hi Pavan, 

Thank you for your explanation. It might be useful for the initial configuration script to indicate that the web service will be up after a while. 

• 7.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2017 12:22 PM

Hi,

Its a good idea, I would recommand to file feature in Aruba support site.

Login to support.arubanetworks.com with your Aruba credentials and click on below higlighed link in screen shot.

B2B57BDA.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 8.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted Aug 15, 2018 10:57 AM
      |   view attached

A year later, same issue.

There is no CLI access anymore, so no way to run amp_enable and no way to run wd to check and see if all is well.

Also, I've let the bugger sit for over an hour with no hope. All I get, after a random amount of time following a reboot, is the attached jibberish.

Pre Q/A:

The network configuration is correct. I followed the installation guide. It's a fresh install of 8.2.5. I have tried reinstalling. The NIC is showing activity (flashing LEDs). The rest of the network cannot see the server. The IP address provided to AMP is unused anywhere else on the network. The switch it's on does not have STP. A more direct connection does not resolve the issue. The hardware is compatible, having installed CentOS 6 beforehand to test connectivity and functionality.

• 9.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 11:21 AM

That screen looks like a core dump stacktrace.  It could mean bad disk or bad memory, or some other hardware failure.  Was the install from the OVA image or the ISO image?  Have you tried 8.2.6.1?  If you load 8.2.6.1, there is an enter commands menu item that let's you run some additional commands like: ping, traceroute, wd, ifconfig, etc.

Additionally, if you open a support case, support can use the support account to help RCA the issue in a web session.

• 10.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted Aug 15, 2018 11:46 AM

I used the ISO, which I loaded to a DVD.

Is there an open location where I can grab an ISO for 8.2.6.1? We acquired our licenses through a third party (CDW-G) which routed us through HPE, and 8.2.5 is the only version they have listed for us to download:

Capture.PNG

Also, I've tried this on another device of the same make and model. It has the same issue.

I'll give it a shot on a spare server we have that's different than the rest of our stock.

P.S. Not inclined to use official support as I'd rather not spend hours going in circles. My experiences have been community support is exponentially more useful.

• 11.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 12:10 PM

That's odd, as long as you have valid support contract, you should be able to access all versions of the software.

Were you using the MyNetworkingPortal site?  You might try the newer support portal: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads

• 12.  RE: After Initial Installation, Unable to Access Web Interface of Airwave Server

Posted Sep 08, 2017 08:57 PM

Hello! Your post is not only for informative but it has solved my friends' problem. Actually he is now a days making a project in which every web info requires to include for presenting. But few days back he got stuck like you and he even tried to get some helpful response but could not happen what he actually desired to receive. Then I suggested to take help with web development company in UK. Because my uncle consult like these types of issues and resolve in easy way. But due to getting more work my uncle even can't assist him. I had to come for searching and finally get best info through it.