Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.0 is available

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 12:24 PM

8.2 is release with these new/updated features: 

- Brand-new UI

- Clarity Live: visibility into performance of association, authentication, DHCP and DNS

- Lync end-to-end visibility 

- Automatically create walls from selected CAD layers

- Heatmap recording and playback 

- New AppRF dashboard

Download 8.2.0 today!

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

Instructions to upgrade:

1)  If your AirWave server can reach the internet:

# start_amp_upgrade -v 8.2.0

2) If your AirWave server cannot reach the internet:

a.  Download 8.2.0 upgrade package from support site link

b.  Upload 8.2.0 upgrade package into AirWave server /root directory

c.  Kick off upgrade

# start_amp_upgrade -v 8.2.0

If you run into any issues, please open a support case.

Known issue:

1) there's currently a known issue upgrading from 7.7.x

workaround: upgrade to 8.0.11.1 and then upgrade to 8.2.0

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 12:38 PM

Due to some customers hitting a postgres upgrade issue, we've posted 8.2.0.1 on the support site:

# start_amp_upgrade -v 8.2.0.1

• 3.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 08, 2016 12:30 PM

So is there a release level on the controller or a minimal HW level to support clarity?   My clarity is empty.  :-(

• 4.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 12:38 PM

6.4.3.x +

Also, you need to enable inline stats in your AirWave management profile in the controller.

• 5.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 13, 2016 01:32 PM

Clarity functonalities will be avaiable to IAP? If yes, what is the minimal firmware version supported?

• 6.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 15, 2016 07:36 PM
    IAP support is not available yet but it is on the roadmap for both IAP and AMP products. Traditionally there is about a 6-9 month lag time for features like this between AOS and IAP. If you would like to learn a more exact ETA, please contact your local Aruba sales rep.

• 7.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 22, 2016 04:35 AM

Hi

First post here and this past week has been my first proper stab at looking at our Aruba IAP-Airwave setup.  The forum here is a pretty useful resource.

@Yan Liu - thanks. I upgraded to Airwave 8.2.0.1 last night to get Clarity yet have no data. On the off-chance I searched for IAP and Clarity, and found your reply; it's made me wonder if IAP is the best solution vs AOS-managed.

• 8.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 12:43 PM

For Clarity data,

Need to be running at least controller code of 6.4.3.x or newer.

Need to double check that the AMON feeds for Clarity are on:

from controller cli>

> show mgmt-servers

----verify that your AMP IP is on the list

> show mgmt-server profile (insert profile name)

----make sure all 'inline stat' settings are enabled

And last - make sure AMON and Clarity are enabled on AMP:

check AMP Setup -> General -> Additional AMP Services -> Enable AMON collection = yes

check AMP Setup -> General -> Additional AMP Services -> Enable Clarity data collection = yes

• 9.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 08, 2016 01:12 PM

And that would be the answer.  Were moving off of our M3's wnad 6.3 code so I'll see it then.

• 10.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 10, 2016 08:45 PM

Will Clarity information be available/viewable in the diagnostic view? I see it in the GUI if I am logged in as AMP admin or AP/Device manager but not when the client diagnostics screen is enabled for the role. If this isn't an initial ability of this current release I would expect that this would be something people are going to want to provide to their help desk. The diagnostic view is what we setup for the majority of our customers who want their help desk to be able to login to AMP and conduct basic troubleshooting and gather pertinent data for tier2 or 3 escalation tickets. 

• 11.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:10 PM

Clarity is currently a feature in Beta.  We are tracking and gauging customer feedback to determine ways to improve on it.  Your suggestion of creating a non-admin viewable would be a great feature request.  Please submit to the ideas portal, and we'll see where the future of Clarity takes us.

• 12.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 19, 2016 08:13 AM

I want to know if there is only openldap-2.4.40-7.el6_7.x86_64.rpm in the folder /root/svn/mercury/src/x86_64/rpms/CentOS-6 or there is also : openldap-clients-2.4.39-8.el6.x86_64 ?

• 13.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 19, 2016 09:47 AM

Is there any way to provide some feedback on the UI design? Generally I rather like it but there are some issues... Like the search box being smaller than, and next to the logout button. I've been trying to do something on my phone recently and keep logging out of AMP when I'm trying to search.

Giving us back a nice prominent search box would be a small fix but have a significant usability impact.

• 14.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 12:01 PM
    @Ultimate_fish

Yes, please do send back any feedback. You can either post here on the forum (I usually fwd feedback to the product team). Or you can send email directly to them using the feedback alias used for betas: dl-aw-betafeedback@arubanetworks.com

• 15.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 11:58 AM
    @abdelouahab.brahim1

[root@airwave CentOS-6]# pwd
    /root/svn/mercury/src/x86_64/rpms/CentOS-6
    [root@airwave CentOS-6]# ls *openldap*
    openldap-2.4.40-7.el6_7.x86_64.rpm

There's only the openldap package, no openldap-client package.

• 16.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 21, 2016 09:28 AM

The new UI is absolutely horrible. Is there a way to go back to the previous UI? The fonts are too small on the new UI and I now need to constantly open and close the menu to get around. The previous UI was much easier to navigate and read. Everything I needed was on 1 page which is why we chose Airwave over other applications to begin with.

• 17.  RE: AirWave 8.2.0 is available

Posted Apr 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Considering this very forum continues uses a light grey font on a white background, I think prettiness of UI takes precendence over function. Which is a shame.

But I don't think the new UI is horrible. It's just different. I tend to prefer a tabbed format that doesn't put too much on one screen, but I know that isn't for everyone. I'm looking forward to getting a monitor more suited to the layout, widescreen and higher res, which should make it far nicer to work with.