Network Management

Contributor II

Re: AirWave 8.2.4 NO CLI

A new cli "command" I learnt about today was delete_rogues_by_age.pl

It is a usefull command as one of our AMP servers detects a huge number of rogue so maybe it would be worth adding that set of commands/scripts we can run via the ampcli.

Regular Contributor I

Indeed.

Airwave is still unable to handle a large influx of logs well. Certain network issues can and do choke up the database and lead to basically all airwaves functions slowing down or griding to a halt.

If these are triggering alerts you end up with millions.

With DB access I could simply run a query and delete them.

Now I have to auto ack alerts to 1 day, then clear acked alerts after 1 day. Then in 48 hours I get airwave back, assuming the problem has stopped occuring.

The fact a key appliance for troubleshooting network issues is so easily DOS'd is one issue. But the fact we have been handicapped from fixing the issue is a bigger one.

--
ACMA ACMP
MVP

I'd suggest to log into innovate.arubanetworks.com and file the suggestion.

You might reference NMS-I-810 , which is a request to make this security

feature optional.

Shawn Adams
Aruba Networks Customer Advocacy
New Contributor

Has there been any update on how to clear ssh known_hosts to resolve this? Anyone?

Not yet.  It's a feature request pending review still.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor II

I set up a cron job which sends the controller backups from Airwave to FTP server. Since we updated to Airwave 8.2.5 there is no CLI but it seems the cron job is still running and sending empty backup files to FTP server.

How can I stop that?

I have to delte the cron job but I habe no access.

Contributor I

You can call support and they can use a one time password to gain root access. Otherwise, the solution in this thread outlines a way to regain root access. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: