Network Management

Re: AirWave 8.2.4 NO CLI

Web certs are now required to be pkcs12.  once uploaded, you can apply the cert using the Add SSL Cert option under the Security submenu.

Under the Backup submenu, there's adding a destination server.  This will automatically scp the nightly backup to the destination.  Only nightly backups, not the forced on-demand backup.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor I

Will you be adding a CIFS option and not just a SCP option for the backups? Many are only using Windows fileshares and do not have a SCP destination. 

CIFS option would be a feature request.  If you had a script/cronjob running in the background that was performing this task, it should still be active post upgrade to 8.2.4.  Disabling of previously configured cronjobs and custom scripts will be taken care of in support cases.

Rob Gin
New Contributor

One thing I use bash for is to automatically move the daily backup files
off machine into our archival and DR systems using bash scripts I've
developed and deployed across my Linux servers.

Menchini, automatic daily SCP of nightly backups are there now, RFE for adding Windows shares. So if you are archiving your backups to linux now or an SCP server, you can do that today and have the script change the name once it lands on the target server. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Occasional Contributor I

Hi mholden,

after the amp is upgraded do not log of. Before you close the cli make the following change.

change the file : /etc/passwd

change the first line to: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

safe the file and you can still login to the airwave with your root user

Note that if you choose to perform such actions like editing core permissions above, that you create a potential security hole, so run this at your own risk.  Also, if security compliance is a requirement, most current scans fail when root permission accounts are available, so keep that in mind if security is a priority in your network.  And it's likely something you'd have to remember to perform at each upgrade.

Rob Gin
New Contributor

Jerrod,

For me, the real issue here is the order that aruba used to make the change.  Instead of pulling the feature that people used and then asking what was needed, it would have been better to reverse the order.  Find out what tools people needed and then have them available when the feature was removed (or at least have a timeline for the features getting added). This product has been this way for a long time and there should have been a way to get this information before making this change.  

JUst my opinion.

Michael

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Rob,

you're rigth please do this at your own risk.

please also keep in mind that there are no permission changes. Only the root default login directory is changed.

If there is a known root security issue please report this to the centOS development team (www.centos.org)

I know why aruba is acting like this. It is a big security risk if a admin have access and they don't know what they do.

Contributor II

It might also be usefull to have an option to install/upgrade vmware tools for ESX based installs.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: