Network Management

Contributor II

Re: AirWave 8.2.4 NO CLI

We often change the graphics on the login page so that is another reason we would need ssh access.

Occasional Contributor I

The best solution for all is to generate a SSH access with OpenPGP like the new AWSupport Access.

With OpenPGP there are no security reasons to terminate the CLI

New Contributor

Another feature request/CLI function is MIB Walk to confirm SNMP is working or if interfaces or values can be accessed from controller IP.

Occasional Contributor II

I'd prefer to have a full shell available for when I need it. And so far we've needed it. We couldn't have deployed AMP 8.2.3.1 without a root shell, because of the need to resize the underlying volumes and filesystem. 

I wish I had know that this was the direction Aruba was headed with their products, before we bought them. 

MIB Walks are getting added to the AMPCLI in a future version.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer

Re-scaling the disk is usually handled via creating of a new AMP deployment with the proper disk settings and then restoring a nightly backup on to the new platform. While some can properly re-partition and format, most fail and leades to big support efforts and usually loss of data. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer

Let me see if I can help address some of these comments.  I'm also fwding to PLM so that they can review:

@jeff.g.kier - snmpwalks = US16804

@alow - change graphics - need more info, which images are you changing?  I've filed US16805, but need more info on the specifics that you're changing for PLM to make an educated decision.

@HLavender -

cert generation = US16631 (w/ CSR), US14594 (just cert generation, no CSR)

there's no SCPing of files between 2 AMPs.  If you have Failover, it will still get the backups of the monitored AMPs via http/https.

@Michael_Clarke - static route = US16801

@gilmorrr -

backups -> see the backup menu, there's a 'set destination' that will auto SCP backups to a destination.  If you already had a script performing this in a cronjob, that cronjob will continue to run.  Edits to cronjob will be mitigated in support cases.

db access -> if you can expand on the tables you utilize the most, then we can make sure the APIs get expanded to cover those tables

mass import = US16806

@Chris F

ifconfig / bonded interfaces = US16625

@Sascha Becht

db access -> if you can expand on the tables you utilize the most, then we can make sure the APIs get expanded to cover those tables

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Rob

We often change the following on some of our AMP servers.

/var/www/html/images/theme/airwave/title.png

/var/www/noauth/theme/dev/login-logo.png

/var/www/noauth/theme/airwave/login-logo.png

We use have been using these appliances in a manged services enviroment for a number of years and have given cusotmers access to the AMP appliances to run reports etc. So we have changed some of the images to reflect the platforms function.

Its a small change but they need to be updated every time we patch the appliances or deploy a new one.

thanks

Andy

Got it, added the details into the feature request.  PLM are planning to review the items filed this week.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor II

Jerrod, 

I don't follow. What is deploying with proper disk settings? How would I deploy the OVA a second time and get different results? 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: