Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Re: AirWave 8.2.4 NO CLI

Opened a TAC call - all fixed.  Great service (as usual), but the number of hoops the poor technician had to go through - felt really sorry for him.

I will miss the CLI access, we were using the Airwave server to back up our controllers using scripts from the knowledgebase, and we had to get in there every so often to tweak things - now every time we need to log in it will be a TAC call.  Maybe if enough people log enough TAC calls for CLI access for small tasks, we will get it back?

New Contributor

We utilized the CLI for backups.  Our linux team basically replaced the /var directory with a mount point to their storage which is backed up nightly.  This eliminated the need for us to write our own clean up script as Airwave already has one.  Will this still work after an upgrade to 8.2.4?

Thomas

Thomas,

Changing mount points will no longer work in Airwave 8.2.4. It might be that your current mount point will remain during the upgrade, however as you will not have access after the upgrade it is recommended to revert all such changes before upgrading.

Airwave can automatically copy out the nightly backups via secure copy (scp); so that will be the recommended way for backups.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

Unfortunately that puts me back at square one as we will then need to code a script on the external location to clean up the old backups to keep them under 4 at a time.  Is it possible to request a module that will allow us to use mount points?  Otherwise I may be sitting on this version for a long time.

If you want to request a feature or module, please go through your Aruba partner or local Aruba SE to see what is needed to enter that process.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

My only concern is now we can not use WinSCP to copy/edit files to fit our enhanced security position.  I should be good for now, until the next audit says we have to remove another TLS cipher.  A two factor access method to root would be a good start.  A module to enable/disable TLS/SSH ciphers also.

WinSCP should be getting fixed in an upcoming release (WinSCP doesn't allow the modification of ciphers). You can use BitVise (which DOES allow customization of ciphers and enablement of the more secure ciphers) *AND* BitVise has exceptional logging that wil clearly tell you why it failed and what ciphers to use. 

It's a good RFE to list/allow for enableing/disabling of other ciphers. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Occasional Contributor I

Good to know.  WinSCP was a quick and dirty way of editing pound.cfg directly to adjust ciphers, but also helpful in other ways.

This is a big step back.

Alot of what was easy to test/diagnose/fix is not gone.

Like many Aruba products these days, it´s also plagued by bugs. Even the reset admin password does not work. And updating Airwave? How the hell ? Nothing works. The Upload file does not work. Downloading from Aruba takes forever (literally 15% in 1H).

This is the worst decision by far.

It is really annoying. You should bring the CLI back.

Focus on things like quality control and improve on things that people ACCUALLY wants.

Download speeds from support should not be a problem, 15% @ 1hr is too slow. Unless you are far away from one of our ADNs, it should be much faster (though the upgrades are nearly 2GB, so it could take some time on a slow connection). Bugs should be getting TAC cases opened if they are affecting you. 

The root access will not be coming back. Many of the needs asked for in this thread will be coming in later, but not unfettered shell. Thanks

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: