Network Management

MVP

AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Since upgrade to AMP 8.2.5, I observe a few issues: in VRF, all host icons are computers.  In 8.2.4 and earlier, they are three different kinds of host: computer, tablet, and phone.  Another problem is the "Relation Lines" in VRF are no longer available, I can not tell what host attach to what AP.

Another issue: when an AP is down, how long does it take for it shows as DOWN in AP, can I change this? In my AMP, when an AP is down, it shows missing some SNMP polls but few days later AP is still green.

Regards,

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Aruba Employee

Re: AirWave 8.2.5 VisualRF Issues

Related to client rleation line not showing in VisualRF, engineering team aware of this and they are planning to fix in next release and regarding client icon will check and if needed will report to engineering.Airwave polls for the device status for every five minutes, check Groups>Basic>SNMP polling period section for more details.

Regards,

Pavan

MVP

Pavan,

The SNMP setting for polling periods are default so it is 5 minutes interval.  You can test in the lab: add an AP to a group, wait for it to come up, unplug it, check back eight hours later it is still showing green in VRF.  It will turn red eventually, but I have no evidence to show how long it takes for the AP to turn red and I could not find any settings of how many miss poll before AirWave marks the device as down.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Regards,

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Aruba Employee

VisualRF syncronize with database for every 10 minutes default, check Synchronization Timer value in VisualRF> Setup page.

Regards,

Pavan

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: