Network Management

New Contributor

AirWave AppRF is dispaying IP address instead of user name

Hello all We are using an Aruba controller with 6.5, AirWave 8.2.4 and ClearPass as authentication server. Our AirWave system is displaying the web reputations and web categories correctly.

AV_Stats.JPG

The only problem is, that sometimes Users in the statistics are showing up with the IP-Address instead with the authenticated user name. Example: We have a user CAP02. The User connects in to the WLAN with EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2, is getting authenticated by ClearPass and the Internet role is returned to the controller. In AirWave AppRF statistics the User is logged as CAP02. Unfortunately after some time the user is showing up with the IP-Address 10.10.1.11 (see picture).

AV_Stats2.JPG

Does anybody know from where this behavior comes? Thanks for any hints, Marcello

Re: AirWave AppRF is dispaying IP address instead of user name

This should be opened as a support case so that support can collect the necessary logs and data captures.

My guess is that the initial data feed for AppRF is preceeding the client info message.  And then post processing updates the username to IP at some point.  But I can't be sure without seeing the qlog capture of the amon topics along with the logs.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

Thanks Rob for the answer. Will open a support case for that. Kind regards Marcello

Hi,

whiteapp.png

Try upgrade the server and check the stauts.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: