Network Management

Contributor II

AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

So apparently our AirWave servers log in to our Aruba controllers every few minutes, perhaps to query for data.  In any case, they log in as "admin."  Can this be configured to use a different username?  Ideally, I'd like to reserve "admin" as a failsafe credential in the "Management Users" repository and not have it regularly used.  I'd like to create some other logins, e.g., "AirWave1" and "AirWave2", in my Internal DB for use by my AirWave servers.  Is it possible to configure AirWave to use custom credentials when logging into the controllers?

Guru Elite

Re: AirWave Credentials for Logging in to Controllers

Yes, just create local users on the controllers using the mgmt-user command.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Contributor II

Tim -

1. I do not want to use mgmt-users, I want to use credentials from my "Internal DB"

2. More importantly, how would you configure AirWave to use a login name other than "admin" when it logs in to the controller?

Doug

The login AirWave uses is located on the device's manage page:

APs/Devices list -> select controller -> Manage page -> 'view credentials' to see current communication credentials.

You can change the ssh/telnet login and password to a different account that's not 'admin'.

You can do this in bulk from the device list by using modify devices and update credentials used to communicate with the device.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Rob -

Excellent!  Exactly what I was after.  Thank you very much.

Doug

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: