Network Management

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Licensing

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AirWave Licensing

Posted Feb 15, 2012 04:36 AM

Hi all!

Maybe it will sound primitive, but still i just can't figure out AW linsening...

For example:

My client wants AirWave for 25 device's but with secondary AW server (in case of primery server to fail)

How must i calculate his license?

Should it look like that:

Base system: AW-25 + AW-25

Support: SA3-AW-25 + SA3-AW-25    ?

Or instead of using AW-25 lincense for secondary server i can choose AW-25-FR ? Will it work like a reserved server?

And how to add lincense for a 1 or 2 devices, in case if that client will "expand" to 27 devices? Just add two AW-EXP1-50 ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Mirko.

• 2.  RE: AirWave Licensing
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 09:28 AM

For 25 devices on one server with failover capability for 25 devices on another server, you'd buy 1 x AW-25 and 1 x AW-25-FR (the failover version). Then you'd add SAx-AW-25 and AWx-AW-25-FR (where x is the number of years). 

The Failover server works by copying the nightly backup from the primary and taking over for it if there's a failure. 

If the client wanted to expand to any number between 26-50, it's necessary to purchase another AW-25 (or to buy AW-50 in the first place). However, once 50 devices are under management, you can purchase devices one at a time with AW-EXP1-50 (one device at the same price/device you pay for 50 devices). AW-EXF1-50 is the Failover part. 

• 3.  RE: AirWave Licensing

Posted Feb 16, 2012 08:20 AM

Thank you very much!

PS: Can i find somewhere something like "Aruba licensing guide"?

• 4.  RE: AirWave Licensing

Posted Feb 21, 2012 10:54 AM

On our public website, I see this doc: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/support/EOL_AirWaveSKUChanges.pdf, which does have a section on licensing.