Network Management

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Managment Platform 8.2.6.1

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AirWave Managment Platform 8.2.6.1

Posted Aug 06, 2018 06:30 AM

I am new to this forum.

We have Aruba AP's 205's managed by a virtual controler and is detected by the AirWave software.

Trying to familirise myself with the AirWave software I lost the ability to make changers on the virtual controler if I connect to it via web interface.

How do I restor this?

Regards

Wayne

• 2.  RE: AirWave Managment Platform 8.2.6.1

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 06:56 AM

Hey, you won't be able to. If an Virtual Controller is managed via AirWave or Central you will loose the ability to manage the device locally. Essentially it will be a read-only interface. You can change the IAP cluster in AirWave to Monitor Only to restore local management on the VC.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Disable-Airwave-Management-for-IAP-s/td-p/252422

• 3.  RE: AirWave Managment Platform 8.2.6.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:55 PM

2 different scenarios from the AMP side:

1) using IGC = IAPs managed

IGC doesn't have a concept of monitor only mode, so you might have to disable IGC from the group basic settings page to revert control.

2) like previous replies showed -> on device's mgmt tab, set to monitor only mode.

if neither of the above paths work, you could try deleting the device from AMP, that should definitely revert it back to local GUI control.

Is there something you're trying to accomplish from the local IAP GUI that's not available from the AMP?  If so, please let us know so that we can get it filed into a defect to be addressed.