Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Mismatched Configuration

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  AirWave Mismatched Configuration

Posted Mar 10, 2015 02:39 PM

I have two devices, both instant access virtual controllers. I imported them into the same folder and it appears as if it merged the two objects. Now i only have one device but it is mismatched and if i look at the config it says actual (Correct Config) and desired (Config of the VC it canablised). I deleted it and the system found it again and imported it back it. Still the same.

I tried the following: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Configuration-Mismatch-in-Airwave/td-p/160592 and it is still the same it and the config was update but it still looks wrong to me. It has a lot of old data that i don't see on the running config. Also, i have looked over both configurations on both VCs and they look good. Would someone be able to help me get this figured out?

• 2.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2015 05:44 PM

Please open a support case.  Are you using IGC (instant gui config) or templates?  If using IGC, does the policy match between IGC and the APs (go to Groups -> select group -> Instant Config tab -> AirWave -> AirWave settings -> policy version should show at bottom of the screen)?

2015_03_11-190.jpg

• 3.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration

Posted Mar 12, 2015 09:49 AM

I am just trying to get the devices into AirWave for monitoring. I have turned off "Enable Instant GUI Config". 

That being said you made me wonder about templates. I see the template, where ever it pulled it from, has all the "junk" in it. What do i need to do to get a good template?

• 4.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2015 12:37 PM

For Instant APs, the 1st VC that reports back defines the template.  Template users typically configure the AP directly (as a golden AP) prior to adding into AirWave.  If you've already added into AirWave, you should be able to go into Group -> select group -> Templates, select template and then import from a desired AP.  This would help clean up the template.

• 5.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2015 09:25 AM

This fixed my issue. I had to delete the templates on all of folders i created and then create new templates off of the current VC in the folder. I no longer have an mismatch devices. Thank you for the help!

• 6.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration

Posted Jul 08, 2015 11:02 AM

Have faced this issue in a system. 

All the APs are running 6.4.0.2_4.1.0.0 and newly purchased APs came with version 6.4.2.3_4.1.1.4. Mismatch issue has happened in my system. 

I have duplicated the group and moved new APs to new group and has changed policy version to 4.1.1 and it successfully get the right configuration.

One big question for me is ; what if I changed the original group policy version setting to 4.1.1 when they are running old firmwares ? Is it possible or should I upgrade the firmware ending with a code with "4.1.1" ?

• 7.  RE: AirWave Mismatched Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2015 11:50 AM

If you wanted to maintain all APs in a single group, then I would suggest upgrading the older APs to match the new APs.  Instant GUI Config enabled groups are only able to manage a single firmware version at this time.  There is an outstanding feature request to support multiple firmware in the same group which has not yet been scheduled/implemented.