Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:46 PM

Hey All,

I had an incident occur a few weeks ago and wanted some opinions. At our corporate location, we had an AP125 that was showing as up in AirWave, but its G radio was damaged and was not broadcasting. AirWave showed the AP as up (as on the ethernet side, it was), however, the G radio wasn't broadcasting, so a few clients were having a bad time. Because of this, I've been tasked with finding a way to alert a group, either by email or some other means, as to when a radio goes down. As we're currently migrating a lot of our wired devices to wireless, and moving our POS solutions to wireless, this is pretty crucial.

I've looked around in AirWave and I can't seem to find anything cohesive. Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:47 PM
    This would be a trigger based on a device syslog keyword. Do you have the syslog message from this failure?

• 3.  RE: AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:03 PM

@SethFiermonti wrote:
    This would be a trigger based on a device syslog keyword. Do you have the syslog message from this failure?

I don't, and we don't keep syslogs that long because it would be too large and unnecessary to keep around. What would you recommend? I have the AP in my lab and I can try and re-create the issue.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 06:30 PM

In Airwave, under system and triggers, there is an option to alert based on a radio down...see screen shot.

Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 6.28.54 PM.png

• 5.  RE: AirWave Reporting / Alert Issue

Posted Jul 30, 2013 01:40 AM

@SethFiermonti wrote:

In Airwave, under system and triggers, there is an option to alert based on a radio down...see screen shot.

How did I miss that? Thank you very much, Seth. I'll test it out tomorrow.

Thanks!