Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

Posted May 15, 2018 09:45 PM

Hello,

I borked up my AirWave upgrade and need to contact support, but first I need to find my serial number. Is there any way to do it from the CLI? Can't do it from the web interface.

Thanks!

Mark

• 2.  RE: AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2018 10:26 PM

You can use the below command to get the serial number,

# dmidecode -s system-serial-number

In case you dont have the dmidecode rpm installed you would have to install that first inorder to run the command.

You can check it using below command,

# rpm -qa dmidecode

If its not present, install it using the below command,

# yum -y install dmidecode

• 3.  RE: AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2018 04:47 AM

Please just call in and mention that you can't access the serial number. Good chance that TAC can look up if you have an active support contract, and in that case, they will assist you in my experience.

If you registered your Airwave, it should be in your MyNetworking account: http://www.hpe.com/networking/mynetworking/

Also, after registration, you should have received the license in your mail. The Airwave software serial number is in that file as well.

• 4.  RE: AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Vishnu's answer only works if you have direct CLI access.  AMPCLI, you'll have to go into Enter Commands to run 'dmidecode'.  The dmidecode rpm is already installed if you're on AMP 8.2.5.1 or newer.

Ultimately, the hardware serial isn't what is gauged for support, it's the license key.  If you're on 8.2.6 or newer, you can do the following:

Login to the AMPCLI

Go into Enter Commands

$ license

This prints out your AMP license key which is easier to trace than the hardware serial.

• 5.  RE: AirWave Serial Number Retrieval

Posted May 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Thanks all for the replies. I've gathered what info I could and have opened a TAC case. Fingers crossed!

Mark