Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave - disable switch port

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AirWave - disable switch port

Posted Mar 10, 2015 06:40 AM

Hi,

I have a question regarding AW feature. Is AW able to disable switch port which Rouge AP is connected?

Additional is it possible to create a report regarding which ports are currently used? This report help me optimise my networks.

Regards,

Mathew

• 2.  RE: AirWave - disable switch port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:01 AM

1.  Airwave cannot disable a physical port that an AP is connected to, but it can signal a Wireless controller to to remediation.

2.  There are wired port reports in Airwave, yes.

• 3.  RE: AirWave - disable switch port

Posted Mar 10, 2015 09:10 AM

Hi,

Thank you very much for but could you tell me something more about wireless controller remediation

• 4.  RE: AirWave - disable switch port
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2015 09:14 AM
    Airwave would signal to the wireless lan controller that an access point is rogue. The wireless lan controller can do whatever it supports to remediate the rogue access point. Airwave only provides the signal.

• 5.  RE: AirWave - disable switch port

Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:01 AM

AirWave cannot automatically disable switch ports where rogues are detected.   Most customers prefer to do this manually once AirWave alerts them of the rogue and switch port and they have confirmed it.  

There is a "Daily Port Usage Report" that may give you some insight into your port usage.