Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

AirWave migration

Hi guys,

I am going to install AirWave on a PC for customer, but after a month customer wants to migrate this AirWave to a virtual machine. How shall I proceed? Just turn off the PC and install the AirWave on the virtual machine? Do I have to take into account anything? Will the license I use for AirWave on the PC be valid for the new installation on the virtual machine?

Regards,

Julián

MVP

Re: AirWave migration

Hey, take a look at the below. It should answer your questions, don't forget to take note of the licensing as well. You may well run into issues with this if the IP address has changed that the license is tied too.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/AirWave-VM-to-Dedicated-Server-Migration-Questions/td-p/90038

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Aruba Employee

Re: AirWave migration

Hi,

Make a copy of the license to your system. If we are concerned about the backup on the old machine, download the latest nightly backup to your system from System --> Backup page on Airwave. Do a fresh install on VM. Make sure you install the same version of Airwave which you had on PC, if you have the plan to restore. To restore copy the nightly backup file which you downloaded from old Airwave to /tmp directory on the new Airwave box using winscp and execute the below command,

# amp_restore -d /tmp/<filename>

Also, Airwave license would be mapped to your IP address. If you are using the same IP on the new server you can use the same license key. In case you have plan to use a different IP address, please contact our welcome center and provide them with the old key and new IP, they will generate a new license for you mapping to the new IP address.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: