Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm looking to extract from AirWave a list of all my APs that are connected to a 100Mb switch port instead of a 1Gb port. I don't see any colunm in the APs/Devices List and I also tried to do a custom report but I find nowhere an option for that.

The thing is AirWave know about this info because if I go to a individual AP/Device, there is a Wired Interfaces section. In there I can see the Duplex, Input Capacity and Output Capacity. I would like to be able to sort by these field so I can request a cross-connect upgrade to four pair in the LAN room where they are connected.

Guru Elite

Re: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

Please see the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Water-Cooler/Report-of-all-WAPs-connected-at-100-Mbp/m-p/206049/highlight/true#M514

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Wow! Ok.

Thanks for the link but not really user friendly... Doesn't make sense to have to do it this way. We should be able to do it from the GUI.

Does it need to be a feature request?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Yes.

Thank you.

Honestly, all you will have to do is SSH into Airwave and copy and paste in the two sections of text below:  Just replace your email address with userid@somecompany.com and it will email it to you:

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 AND (ap.type=296 OR ap.type=369 OR ap.type=464) ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
echo "Access Point Port Speeds" | mail -s "Port Speeds" -a intspeeds.csv userid@somecompany.com
rm ./intspeeds.csv

hats off to rwilsonblue for coming up with this.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor I

Really good stuff and works like a charm!

Anyone with enough skills to add a column for duplex to this? 

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: