Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

AirWave virtual appliance licensing

Hello,

I can see on support.arubanetworks.com that there's a virtual appliance for AirWave.

I've tried to understand the datasheet, the Failover software, but I coundn't understand if I need a base license or just LIC-AW.

I'd like to have a Virtual Airwave license. LIC-AW for each AP and MD are fine?

Re: AirWave virtual appliance licensing

License keys are independant of if the server is physical or virtual.  The licensing should be based on the number of physical devices (exception is switch stacks count a 1 license per stack).  For example - 250 device license, 500 device license, etc.

Failover is a separate license / separate VM instance.  When going virtual, be sure to spec for 20% additional resources compared to a physical setup due to VM overhead resource cost.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor II

Hello rgin, thanks for the quick reply.

However, I don't understand if I need a base license for AirWave virtual, just like IMC.

As far as I understand the Failover license is required just for HA. If I don't need HA for AirWave, LIC-AW is just enough?

Correct, LIC-AW is enough.  LIC-AW has a device count embedded.  So if you get say 100 LIC-AW, and later need to double that - it allows for additive licensing.  You could have 5 x 100 LIC-AW for 500 devices.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: