Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:29 AM

I'm in the process of deploying an IAP225 cluster to be managed by Airwave 8.0.2. 

There was some delay in setting up the Airwave server, so I went ahead and did all the config on the IAPs.  Now I have Airwave up and running, I'd like to do the config via Airwave with the Instant-GUI.

I enabled Instant-GUI, which was fine, but none of the settings are showing there.  Have tried various things such as auditing and it still shows a blank config. 

I'd rather not have to redo all the config again, and pretty sure it is just something I've missed.

Any advice please?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:49 AM

I assume the desired IAP (the one with the config you want) in your new IAP group?   Did you add/move it manually or did you specifiy the group at the time the IAP was added to AirWave?   

If you moved it into this group and  you have the original group still on AMP, you can see if you can copy the settings from it (below).  If you specifified the group during your join to AirWave, it should have created it with the settings.

Within your Instant GUI Config settings:

AirWave --> AirWave Settings --> Copy policy from group:

amp-iap-copy.png

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:56 AM

The group was created when I joined it to Airwave, but the settings haven't been populated.

Interestingly, I can see the config if I go to Airwave --> Config history, but the ssids don't show when I click on Network.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

Posted Aug 08, 2014 07:47 AM

Try to disable Instant GUI Config on your group; save; and then reenable it.

I just did a quick test with a new cluster.  Adding it to AirWave when the group did not exist worked fine.  When adding, the group was created with the name in the Organization field of the AirWave settings.   I then added the "new device" (the VC) in monitor + firmware updates and it added it to the group.  Enabled the Instant GUI Config and after a sync, settings appeared.  No further interaction.

Doing the same with a preexisting Group did not yield the same results.   When enabling IGC, the group does not display my VC in the Instant GUI Config tab; but I do see my settings in the template.   Disabling and reenabling IGC made it appear.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 10:18 AM

I tried again, but just keep getting the same thing.

I saw this error as well.

airwave-instant gui error.jpg

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2014 10:47 AM

Currently, support for 6.4.0.0-4.1.0.0 is only available through template configuration; not IGC (Instant GUI Config).   I believe support is slated for 8.0.3.   UPDATE (see below); 8.0.4 is now the target.

• 7.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 11:31 AM

That'll explain it.  Thanks

• 8.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

Posted Aug 08, 2014 08:30 PM
    I believe igc is supported on IAP 4.0 but not 4.1. thanks for this thread will help in the future.

• 9.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

Posted Aug 09, 2014 08:39 AM

AW 8.0.3 is now the target for support of IAP v.4.1 IGC and should be out by the end of this month.

** UPDATE **

The version for IGC has changed, however, the ETA of IGC for 4.1 stays the same.  Engineering needed to fix a critical issue and that fix is coming in 8.0.3 very shortly.  8.0.4 will now be the version for IGC of IAP v.4.1 and is still targeted for end of the month.

• 10.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

Posted Sep 10, 2014 07:41 AM

AMP 8.0.4 is now available and includes support for IGC on 4.1(.1).

From the Release Notes:

AirWave Support for IAP

AirWave 8.0.4 now supports the following IAP features: 

• IAP4.1.1CLIintemplatemode.
    • InstantGUIConfig(IGC)supportsIAP4.1.1.

• 11.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 02:41 AM

Upgraded to 8.0.4 and all was fine with the Instant GUI.

Strangely now, it is a blank screen so can't use 'Instant GUI'.  Tried different browsers and all that stuff, but just blank now.

• 12.  RE: Airwave 8.0.2 - Changing to Instant-GUI and settings not there

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2014 06:22 AM

Still didn't work in 8.0.4 and just a blank screen.

Upgraded to 8.0.5 and magically IGC works again now.