Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 20, 2015 01:52 PM

We just upgraded to Airwave 8.0.7 and I've noticed some things that hopefully others have noticed/fixed, etc.

1. Airwave is reporting the wrong version.  Even though it was upgraded, Airwave both in the GUI/CLI is still reporting as being on the older version.

2. In VisualRF, the Region option for a comm room is no longer present.  Why was this removed?  We used this alot in our environment in order to identify the location of comm rooms/IDFs, etc. on the floor plans.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2015 03:21 PM

What version is the AMP showing as?  What version did you upgrade from?  Were there any issues during the upgrade?

Check for errors in /var/log/upgrade/AMP-8.0.7-upgrade.log

The updating of the database string is the last portion fo the upgrade, it's possible that it quit before that last call.

When it comes to versioning:

1) the home page reflects the database string for amp version

ex:

amp_version = dbc 'select version from seas_config;' = home overview version

2) root; svn info - running this command will show the true running code version

[root@airwave mercury]# svn info
    Path: .
    Working Copy Root Path: /root/svn/mercury
    URL: http://svn.corp.airwave.com/usr/local/svnroot/mercury/tags/RELEASE_8_0_7
    Repository Root: http://svn.corp.airwave.com/usr/local/svnroot/mercury

It may be worth opening a support case to make sure that the upgrade completed correctly.  If it did and the string is the only thing, it can be updated with a quick database command:

# dbc "update seas_config set version = '8.0.7';"

-------------------

As for VRF, in the switch from flash to HTML5, the wired closet feature missed the release.  It's still on a list of features to be ported over, but if you really want to see that feature, you can toggle back to the old flash -> VisualRF Setup - toggle HTML5 enabled = no.  I would say that not many users have commented about it missing, so it'd be a good idea to push an RFE through the ideas portal to bring it back sooner than later.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 20, 2015 04:15 PM

We recently upgraded to 8.0.7 and the version is displaying correctly.

We did have the wrong version showing several revs back at one point but it got fixed.

Did you immediately reboot to apply the kernel patches?  We had a disk space problem that resolved itself some minutes *after* the upgrade when it cleaned 189G of data from the database; it might be best to always let a fresh upgrade settle for a while before a reboot.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 20, 2015 04:20 PM

We upgraded to 8.0.7 and it displays as 8.0.7.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 20, 2015 05:30 PM

We upgraded from 7.7.13 to 8.0.7. AMP is showing the 7.7.13 version.
    I didn't notice any issues during the upgrade.

"amp_version= 7.7.13"

"root; svn info"
    URL: http://svn.corp.airwave.com/usr/local/svnroot/mercury/tags/RELEASE_8_0_7

I did reboot right after the kernel patches since that's what it states to do.

Both are active and failover servers have the same issue, if it's an issue.

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2015 05:45 PM

I've seen this in a few different environments when coming from 7.7.12 and it has been cosmetic.

The command Rob posted will change it:

# dbc "update seas_config set version = '8.0.7';"

• 7.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 20, 2015 06:05 PM

I ran the command and it updated, only thing is that it still shows that 8.0.7 is available :)

• 8.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 23, 2015 03:28 PM

One of the 8.0.x updates also did that for us. I cleared itself during the next nights database/logs cleanup/report/maintenance activity.

• 9.  RE: Airwave 8.0.7 upgrade - Some things I've noticed

Posted Mar 23, 2015 11:20 AM

This worked for me, comestic issue on the web interface.  When you SSH in as root you'll see the version set to 8.0.7.

Thanks!