Network Management

Aruba Employee

Re: Airwave 8.2.4 Topology Map is empty

8.2.5 may get released on second half of september 2017

djr
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Yes all the devices are up and show their neighbours but it may be relevant that because Airwave doesn't support full monitoring of our routers, none of the switches directly connect to each other, so I guess the topology map would be useless anyway.  Our APs connect to the switches though, so I would have thought it could make those connections.

David Rickard
Aruba Employee

we can add any switch router which support standard MIBs on LLDP  as device category "switch/Router"  and can get the neighboring device details.  topology will start showing for these devices in 8.2.5 

djr

That's interesting, I added one of my extreme switches like that and it didn't populate the LLDP neighbours or interface details, all of which are available via RFC MIBs.  I will have another go and give it a bit longer to see if it works them out.

David Rickard
djr

Update: I must have done somethign stupid, it worked fine straight away when I tried again!  Thanks for the comment so I had another go. :o)

(Still nothing on the topology map though, I will wait for 8.2.5)

David Rickard
Aruba Employee

it usually take two poll to get the complete neighboring data. When you add new devices,   please do poll two times manually and wait for a  minute to get the neighboring table populated

New Contributor

Just upgraded to 8.2.5 and the topology map is still not working.  Did 8.2.5 fix the problem for anyone else?

Aruba Employee

Please do two successful polls, verify neighboring tables in device monitoring page, if neighbors are listed and topology is not showing, please try the below workaround mentioned in 8.2.5 release notes

DE30093 Symptom: The topology map might not be updated when AirWave discovers new devices.
Scenario: This issue occurs if AirWave discovers the devices' MAC addresses only after discovering the
interfaces.
Workaround: Following these steps to force AirWave to poll the network for updates:
1. Click Poll Now on the device monitoring page.
2. Go to System > Status, then click Restart AMP to restart the AMP services.
3. After the AMP services, poll the device again.

New Contributor

I have tried polling all devices, restarting the AMP services, and performing a second poll and all the Topology screen shows is a progress bar in the middle.  I just upgraded to 8.2.5 yesterday.  Our entire infrastructure is HPE / Aruba.   Some of our Aruba 2540 series switches show every device as a "Neighbor" rather than a connected "device" when looking at "Monitor" for that switch in Airwave, I wonder if this is part of the problem?

Highlighted
Contributor I

Second that, still no topo map for any of the Juniper switches.

Tried the poll, restart, poll and still nothing populates.

Switches can see neighbor devices no problem.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: