Network Management

Contributor I

Re: Airwave 8.2.4 Topology Map is empty

SNMP v2, Is v3 a requirement? 

In the switches show cdp neighbors and show lldp neighbors works fine. 

Aruba Employee

We can use snmp v2 and v3 to monitor devices in Airwave. If we are seeing all the neighbours list in switch's APs/Device>monitor page in Airwave then it should display topology image, have you tried toggle between pages and checked the status?

If you are OK, try restart the services once and check the status.

I believe we have issue when we use snmpv3  but its working fine for v2 version.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addressess your query give kudos:)

Contributor I

Tried restarting, rebooting, and navigating to and away from the page. 

Connected devices is showing up but neighbors is not. 

Aruba Employee

Hi,

If we are not seeing neighbours in APs/Device>monitor page then it wont show topology, could you cross check wether CDP/LLDP is enabled on devices.

If above settings enabled but still neighbours not showing in Airwave then check wether CDP Neighbor Data Polling Period and  Device to Device link is enabled or not in Groups>Basic>SNMP polling interval section.

Regards,

Pavan

Super Contributor II

this issue is also happening in the SEEL demo airwave server. sounds like a bug. I assume the SEEL server is configured to support topology?

Aruba Employee

Hi,

I am seeing topology on internal demo server, so looking those settings helps to narraow down the issue.

ALE.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor I

It sounds as if there are a lot of undocumented requirements for Topology to work. The User Guide only tells you how to use it and assumes that it will just work.

Is there an official Aruba document that describes what needs to be in place in order for Topology to work?

Sincerely,

Don 

Super Contributor II

hey pavan, 

did you have any luck finding the issue on the SEEL server?

Scott

Occasional Contributor II

Hi all

Almost same issue at our internal and two customer setups. HPE Aruba Switches 2930F, Aruba WLC 7210, 7005, 7010 and HPE Comware like 5130 or 5700.

But I can't see the neighbour devices in the detail page. But lldp is enabled on all devices and they can see each other...

Best Regards

Marc

Occasional Contributor II

I was having a similar issues with topology and our juniper ex4300s. I'm still troubleshooting, but I am able to get topology to populate when I deleted the switch from airwave. I re-added it as a generic router/switch with snmpv2 and topology populated. Hopefully this helps someone else

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: