Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8 VM install

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Airwave 8.0 on a VM envirolment without success. The installation process stop on "Booting from local disk". Already waited for more than 2 hours with no changes...

I've trying with a VMWare ESXi 5 and Hyper-V 2012. Both with the same. I've checked the iso md5 and are ok...

The CPU of the VM is changing, so, the machine is apparently running... Have some debug for this case?

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 11:45 AM

How much memory and how much CPU do you have dedicated to that VM?

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:23 PM

Have you tried "power-cycling" the VM and watching the boot process on the VMWare console?

You should at least see CentOS attempting to boot.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:31 PM

Matthew,

I see the boot screen and Aruba logo. I hit ENTER to start the install... After this I see a message "Booting from local disk..." and nothing happens

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 06:24 PM

Using ESX I assume, you have the ISO loaded (as configured as 'boot from ISO' in the CD drive) or are you putting the installation disk in your vSphere management CPU or hypervisor disk tray?

If you type 'install' and enter, instead of just hitting enter, does it change?

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 23, 2014 06:26 PM

The initial install process is formatting and copying the Airwave files over to the virtual drive, then eject the media and boot to that drive. It sounds like the install media isnt' getting ejected and the VM is booting to the install disk again - or rather that the install disk is having trouble passing boot back to the virtual disk.

I'd try powering down the VM, removing the install ISO and rebooting.

• 7.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2014 11:24 PM

Paulo, you have to type install at the boot prompt, otherwise, the VM tries to boot off your new blank VM disk.   You can also load the OVA virtual appliance template rather than the ISO installation if you'd prefer.

amp8-install.png

Otherwise you get this:

amp8-install-enter.png

• 8.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 24, 2014 01:22 PM

You are right... I need type "install" ...

Thank you.

• 9.  RE: Airwave 8 VM install

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:23 PM

2 CPU (of a Xeon E3-1240)

4GB of RAM.

100GB of a RAID 10

Regards,

Paulo Raponi