Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

Posted Nov 20, 2013 01:46 PM

I have several devices that change what there detected OS type are and I'm wondering if that's to be expected or if there is a way to tune the detection.

• 2.  RE: Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2013 05:13 PM

There is not a way.  You should open a case with support if you have device types with an issue.

• 3.  RE: Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2013 10:42 AM

Keep in mind that for all clients in AirWave with Aruba, there's 2 different ways we parse for device type.  The 'AOS Device Type' is grabbed from the controller directly, while 'Device Type' is calculated based on the client device thumbprint.  When the field changes, what are examples of the change?  If it's from OS X to AppleTV, that is possible depending on data the controller got initially.  If it's a more apparent change like say from iPad to Win7, then that's something that screams support case to gather more information to debug.

• 4.  RE: Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

Posted Nov 21, 2013 02:47 PM

It would be from Win7 to OS X to iPhone back to OS X back to Win7. I'll start a support ticket and post the resolution here when it's available.