Network Management

Frequent Contributor II

Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

I have several devices that change what there detected OS type are and I'm wondering if that's to be expected or if there is a way to tune the detection.

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave AOS Device Type changes%0D%0A

There is not a way.  You should open a case with support if you have device types with an issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Keep in mind that for all clients in AirWave with Aruba, there's 2 different ways we parse for device type.  The 'AOS Device Type' is grabbed from the controller directly, while 'Device Type' is calculated based on the client device thumbprint.  When the field changes, what are examples of the change?  If it's from OS X to AppleTV, that is possible depending on data the controller got initially.  If it's a more apparent change like say from iPad to Win7, then that's something that screams support case to gather more information to debug.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor II

It would be from Win7 to OS X to iPhone back to OS X back to Win7. I'll start a support ticket and post the resolution here when it's available.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: