Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Airwave CENTOS TFTP server

Hi,

Has anyone configured a TFTP server under the Airwave CENTOS?

Are there any recommendations / best practice guides upon how to best configure this and is it possible?

Many thanks,

Jason

Re: Airwave CENTOS TFTP server

What's the usage case here?  By default, the TFTP server uses port 69 (UDP).  AirWave only uses TFTP for transferring configuration files.

If you're using the built in TFTP server for Firmware Upgrades, it should already be enabled.  Navigate to Device Setup -> Upload Firmware & Files -> choose add or edit and then you'll see the following:

tftp.jpg

The server protocol setting toggles the delivery of firmware files from AMP to the destination device between TFTP and FTP.

If you select 'Use an external firmware file server' above, and check 'Use Group File Server', then you'll need to also update a setting at the group level.  Navigate to a select group -> Firmware Tab -> Firmware Upgrade Options box:

groupfirmware.jpg

This is where you'd put the TFTP or FTP server if you opt to use external TFTP source for firmware upgrades.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Airwave CENTOS TFTP server

Hi Rob, Thanks for the response. Yes the purpose of this configuration was to allow us to copy the configuration file from an Aruba IAP onto the server, edit, then push back onto the IAP VC. This was to allow us to resolve a series of configuration issues we were experiencing with teh IAP's. I believe that we have enabled this under Centos now since chatting to TAC on a preferred way to achieve this. Regards, Jason
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: