Network Management

Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Airwave, Clarity and now Glass ..... how do they fit together

While browsing the downloads section of support.arubanetworks.com I noticed another ova file has apeared under the Airwave folder. Having  built a clarity engine and linked it into our airwave server, what does glass do ? A glance at the PDF seems to say it's a front end for multiple Airwave servers. If youve got 1 server, any point in Glass ? Given Airwaves limited SNMP support for non Aruba kit, does Glass manage other vendors?

Rgds

Alex

Aruba Employee

Re: Airwave, Clarity and now Glass ..... how do they fit together

Glass is a “next-gen” master console designed from grounds up using cloud computing technologies with a lot of new capabilities compared to its predecessor! Glass 1.0 offers the following

1. High performance and scalable platform

a. Scales to 30,000 network devices and 300,000 client devices for Aruba WLAN (AMON only)

b. Scales to 50,000 network devices and 500,000 client devices for 3rd party WLAN (SNMP only)

2. Next gen aggregate dashboards

a. Snapshot and time trend views

b. Overview, RF health, AppRF, UCC, Clarity & Client Session dashboards

3. New framework for aggregate reporting

a. Summarized “executive” reports with the ability to customize with logos etc.

4. Built-in Single Sign On (SSO) for easy navigation between AMPs and Glass

5. Advanced Search

a. Search for Network Devices, Clients, Folders, Floors, Rogues

b. Partial search, prefix search depending on search parameters

c. Granular filters

6. Aggregate views for VisualRF and RAPIDs

7. RBAC for administrative access

8. Cloud based modular image upgrade process

Glass is next generation of master console, which manages mutliple primary servers which manages/montior mulit vendor products.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query give kudos:)

Aruba Employee

Capture(1).PNG

We have few challanges in using master console, to overcome those challanges Aruba introuced Glass 1.0

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor II

Where can we get support for Glass? I'm trying to deploy and it doesn't seem to be communicating with the first AirWave server I tried to link it to? I get "Waiting to hear" for the "Last Heard" value. It doesn't appear I can do anything else within Glass at the moment. 

Aruba Employee

Hi ,

As per my knowledge support started from April 10th 2017, but I am not exactly sure, please check with your Aruba sales team for more details.

Have you installed Glass on physical machine or Virtual ? Currently Glass is supported only on VMware.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

Frequent Contributor I

Any benefit from running Glass with a single instance of AirWave?

Aruba Employee

There is no benfit if you have only one managed AMPs, since all the clarity, AppRF, reporting information will get from the same server. Airwave Glass is used in mulitple managed AMP scenario.

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor I

There is a requirement that AMP needs to be running on 8.2.3.1 for Glass to work. What version of AMP do you have running?

Aruba Employee

We need to be on AMP 8.2.3.1 and need to add with FQDN managed AMP not IP in Glass.

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor II

Hi Pavan, 

We're on 8.2.3.1, and did use a FQDN. Interestingly, Glass never seemed to get fully connected, but it did insert its hostname in Airwave under the CAS field, which then popped into the URL at logout. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: