Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave Client diagnostics

Hi

I am currently running Airwave version 8.2.5. I have multiple IAP VPN locations connecting back to two central controllers. When I look on Airwave under connected clients Diagnostics some of the clients are listed with an IPV6 address. When I check under the IAP VC i can see the client is connected with the correct IPV4 address.

Why does Airwave show the user using the IPV6 address details for some clients and IPV4 for others?

Thanks

Scott

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Airwave Client diagnostics

right now, airwave haven't official release that support  entirely IPv6 protocal. So for this question, I need talk with our DEV how to resolve.

Sorry I think I have maybe not explained this correctly. I am not looking to support IPV6. But when I search for connected clients and check under diagnostics. The IP address of the client is shown as an IPV6 address. When I check the IAP VC that the client is connected to it has the correct IPV4 address.

So why does Airwave show the client as an IPV6 address under diagnostics?

Guru Elite

Is that the only client with this problem?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin,

No I see other clients the same. It's not rlated to Andriod or Ios or a specific AP or cluter.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Colin,

I did some further checks and it looks like clients that have an IPV4 address and also have an IPV6 address listed Airwave displays the cleint based on the IPV6 address. For clients that only have an IPV4 address they are listed as the IPV4 address.

Is there a setting on Airwave to display clients based on their IPV4 address?

Thanks

Scott

Guru Elite

Which page are you referring to?  In the client list, you can list whatever columns you want by using the pencil to configure the view.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Under

Clients

Connected

Diagnostics

Device info

Current Association IP Address (Shows IPV6)

Occasional Contributor I

1 please give me your screenshots. 

wscott wrote:

Under

Clients

Connected

Diagnostics

Device info

Current Association IP Address (Shows IPV6)

Please see screnn shots attached

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: