Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:52 AM

Hi 

does 802.1X management need to be removed from an Instant cluster to give Airwave IGC write access to the cluster? 

I have a customer that likes to manage their multiple Instant clusters through Airwave. Their clusters are all set up with admin authentication server with fallback to Internal. 

Changing the Airwave group to IGC only reads the config. Any save action when changing something doesn't work. User role is enabled before changing to IGC. I expected AIrwave taking over Instant management. The Instant cluster GUI is changed to read only as expected.

Airwave 8.2.2.1 Instant 4.2.3.2

Thanks, Erik

• 2.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:07 AM

You do not need to change the management.  

After you save the configuration, you also need to Apply it.

• 3.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:11 AM

That's the behaviour I was expecting but both apply and save+apply doens't seem to work.

I have no access to the customers airwave setup at the moment so I will try to replicate in an lab environment.

• 4.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:12 AM

Is the Instant Cluster in that group?

• 5.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:21 AM

Yes, every cluster is in it's own group because the config is different on all of them. Every group has it's own template copied from the VC in that specific group in monitor mode. The only mismatch is for the CP Logo.

Usr role is enabled. When changing group basic to IGC, the cluster is read only, you can see the IGC setup and the imported config.

I tested adding a network, you can fill all fields but when you click apply (or save and apply), nothing happens, no network is added.

Both IAP 215 and IAP325 clusters act the same. Changing the VC to Internal mgmt didn't work either and is not an option for this customer.

I had only 2 test clusters and troubleshooting time was limited.

• 6.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:34 AM

Do you have "Audit Configuration on Devices" enabled in that group?

• 7.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:44 AM

I'm not sure about that one and I can't check because I don't have access. It will be the default setting though

• 8.  RE: Airwave IGC amd Intant with 802.1X mgmt

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:06 AM

I just finshed testing this in my lab environment.

Airwave 8.2.3 and Instant 4.2.3.2

Set up Instant with Admin Authentication Server + Fallback, tested access, configured Airwave, imported the template -> no mismatch

as soon as I enable IGC in the group, Airwave sents a default config to the Instant Cluster. Only the AP settings are not affected

Note, Audit Config on Devices is enabled