Network Management

Contributor I

Airwave Installation problem

Hi,

I am new to airwave. I downloaded AMP-7.2.5.iso file from support.arubanetworks.com I have 32bit PC and that file is also of 32bit. When trying to install Airwave in VMware Workstation I experienced the problem that is attached as attachment.

After that I downloaded CENTOS file name CentOS-5.1 DVD.iso it installed successfully but know again I am unable to install Airwave please tell me that how can I Install airwave I followed Airwave User guide but unsuccessful. Please help me.

Regards,

faisal 

Re: Airwave Installation problem

The AMP iso will also install the OS.  No need to install Centos first.  Just boot off the AMP iso.

:smileyhappy:

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Contributor I

I tried but having a problem AMP ISO could not start due to some errors. the snapshot of error  is attached for your kind information

Aruba Employee

The only issue I have run into installing it on a desktop in VMWare is that the disk needs to be a virtual SCSI disk (not IDE). Make sure you setup your disk that way before installing.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor I

I made 2 VMs, 1 has SCSI and another has IDE Harddisk. But problem remain same.  Problem snapshot is attached please see attachment.           I might be possible that there is problem in AMP iso, i am downloading again .

Regards,

Faisal

Contributor I

Problem remains same.

Please help

Contributor I

I tried but having a problem AMP ISO could not start due to some errors. the snapshot of error  is attached for your kind information

I downloaded again AMP iso but unsuccessful

Contributor I

Hi, I am installing Aairwave in CentOS but got a problem. I have 32bit OS and downloading the amp+linux OS from support.arubanetworks.com and version of amp is AMP 7.2.5.ISO 32bit distribution. When i used this ISO in virtual machine workstation as step by step mentioned in AMP User-guide I experienced an error whose snapshot is attached named as Error 1. Later that i download independent CENTOS ISO and installed it. It installed successfully now after that i downloaded the AMP package whose name is: AMP-7.2.5 .rpm and install it in CentOS by double clicking the package , after installing it I used terminal Box to Completely Install AMP-7.2.5 .rpm by using the following command " ./amp-install ", it started with no problem but during step 3 gave me an error whose screenshot is also attached named as Error 2 for your kind reference. Please help me that how can i resolve this problem. one more thing that when i goto my home directory/amp folder and double click on AMP-Install terminal windows appears but during step 3 window vanished and there is no sign of AMP installation i waited more thn 1 hour but there is no effect. Please Help me. Regards, Faisal

Contributor I

Hi,

I am installing Aairwave in CentOS but got a problem.  I have 32bit OS and downloading the amp+linux OS from support.arubanetworks.com and version of amp is AMP 7.2.5.ISO 32bit distribution. When i used this ISO in virtual machine workstation as step by step mentioned in AMP User-guide I experienced an error whose snapshot is attached named as Error 1
Later that i download independent CENTOS ISO and installed it. It  installed successfully now after that i downloaded the AMP package whose  name is: AMP-7.2.5 .rpm and install it in CentOS by double clicking the package , after installing it I used terminal Box to Completely Install AMP-7.2.5 .rpm by using the following command " ./amp-install ", it started with no problem but during step 3 gave me an error whose screenshot is also attached named as Error 2 for your kind reference. Please help me that how can i resolve this problem. 
one more thing that when i goto my home directory/amp folder and double click on AMP-Install terminal windows appears but during step 3 window vanished and there is no sign of AMP installation i waited more thn 1 hour but there is no effect.
Please Help me.
Regards,
Faisal
Aruba Employee

I'm curious why you wanted 7.2.5.  It's an older release and I'd recommend you try 7.4.8.  That will require that you run 64-bit.

If you try with the latest version of AMP and are still getting install errors, I'd recommend you contact TAC.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: