Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

Posted Feb 18, 2016 09:27 AM

Hello,

when clicking help in Airwave Instant GUI Config, a new tab opens up with the page Using Instant Config. I was expecting to see the menu items change to green and the help text when you hoover the mouse over the menu item, similar to the Instant GUI and as described in the menu Where to Get Additional Information in the aboive newly opened tab. The Deplaying Instant in Airwave has the same description on the help menu.

Do you have to change soemthing in AIrwave to get the help function to appear the same as in the Instant GUI?

thanks

Erik

• 2.  RE: Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 11:45 AM

What version of AirWave are you observing this on?  Screen shot of the help link you're clicking?

• 3.  RE: Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

Posted Feb 18, 2016 01:56 PM

Hi Ron.

it's the help button in the upper right corner. It opens up the second attachment in stead of changing the menu items to green.

I'm using AMP 8.0.10

thanks

Erik

• 4.  RE: Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 11:53 AM

I got an update that the help text that mirrored what was on the IAPs was removed.  So the help link will only launch the HTML of the user guide.  I'm looking into it further, but if you need any field clarification, please feel free to open a support case.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

Posted Feb 25, 2016 02:58 AM

Hi Ron,

thanks for that. I thought as much. Good to know it's not a bug although I couldn't find any notes on it being removed. It might be a good idea to clean up the documentation because it's mentioned in all the KB's and guides I could find.

I don't think a support case is needed. 

thanks

Erik

• 6.  RE: Airwave Instant Config Field-Level Help not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2016 11:41 AM

Thanks, I've sent the feedback to the Tech Pubs group to help update documentation for the next releases.