Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:46 AM

Dear Experts,

I want to integrate Airwave server with Aruba Controllers. Two controllers are operational in Preferred-Master and Backup-Master state. Which Ip address I have to add in the Airwave device discovery process

1- controller vlan-1 ip

2- controller vlan-1 ip  

or 

logical ip of vlan-1 ?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:55 AM
    You use the management IP address.

If you add the master, Airwave will add any local or backup master via its management address automatically by default. You will probably still have to get onto that device in airwave and correct the SNMP and management credentials for that secondary device to be up...

• 3.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Jun 23, 2016 01:49 PM

From your statement what I understood that I have to add the management address of Preferred Master in the Airwave, and airwave would discover Backup-Master and all the access points associated with Preferred Master.

Moreover I have run the airwave wizard on both controllers to configure the information like airwave ip, log types and snmp v2 key. Do I still need to change the snmpv2 key on backup controller after the airwave would discovered the backup master based on Preferred master ?

• 4.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 02:03 PM
    The SNMP key on each controller is individual. If Airwave cannot retrieve information about a device it will mark it down. You can then set the SNMP key on the controller and set it in Airwave to match...

• 5.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Jun 24, 2016 06:13 AM

Dear Cjoseph

Thankyou for providing valuable information. Thumbs up.!!!

• 6.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Jul 28, 2017 02:20 PM

Hello

I have to integrate also two controller in master/standby redundancy (no local are present) I already used the vip to add the master. The standby is automaticaly added. However, the standy is  on mismatch. Should I put it (the standby controller) in anoter group in the airwave ?

what about the AP connected to the controller ? Should them be on another group or can I leave them on the same group as the controller ?

thanks

David

• 7.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2017 02:38 AM

Hi,

Groups are configuration specific, if both controllers master/standby have same configuraiotn then we could add them to same Airwave group and also we could place all the APs in same group.

To reslove mismatch, go to master controller's APs/Devices>Aduit page and click import setting, once master shows configuartion status as GOOD, do same for standby.

After importing if it shows any device specific mismatch between two controllers, try import setting from AP/Devices>manage page of the controller to reslove device specific mismatch.

Regads,

Pavan

• 8.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Jul 30, 2017 06:45 AM

Dear Pavan,

I want to confirm about mismatch. In my case all of the configuration is pushed from controller to APs. I dont want AMP to sync its configuration to controllers and APS.

So In my case 70 devices  are in up state with a status of MISMATCH. Is there any issue ?

2 controllers and 68 aps are in mismatched state. Please find the attached snapshot.3.jpg

• 9.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:23 AM

Hello Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

However I still have a doubt about it.

My Master controller is already on the group and I fletched the configuration. The Master is showed as good.

However, about the standby, it is showed as mismatch.

As the standby configuration is not 100% the same (IP, Sysname, VRRP priority, and some more parameters), if I import the setting of the standby, can I lose the configuration of the Master ? Or Airwave know that difference and know how to differentiate those parameters ?

Thanks again

David

• 10.  RE: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 04:58 AM

Hi,

Check if Manage local configuration on controllers: is set to Yes or NO, if it is set to Yes, try disable it and import the master config and after that standby and see if it still seeing configurtion mismatch.

Regards,

Pavan