Network Management

Regular Contributor I

Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

Dear Experts,

I want to integrate Airwave server with Aruba Controllers. Two controllers are operational in Preferred-Master and Backup-Master state. Which Ip address I have to add in the Airwave device discovery process

1- controller vlan-1 ip

2- controller vlan-1 ip  

or 

logical ip of vlan-1 ?

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave Integration with Redundant Controllers . Help !!!

You use the management IP address.

If you add the master, Airwave will add any local or backup master via its management address automatically by default. You will probably still have to get onto that device in airwave and correct the SNMP and management credentials for that secondary device to be up...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

From your statement what I understood that I have to add the management address of Preferred Master in the Airwave, and airwave would discover Backup-Master and all the access points associated with Preferred Master.

Moreover I have run the airwave wizard on both controllers to configure the information like airwave ip, log types and snmp v2 key. Do I still need to change the snmpv2 key on backup controller after the airwave would discovered the backup master based on Preferred master ?

Guru Elite

The SNMP key on each controller is individual. If Airwave cannot retrieve information about a device it will mark it down. You can then set the SNMP key on the controller and set it in Airwave to match...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Dear Cjoseph

Thankyou for providing valuable information. Thumbs up.!!!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: