Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Master Console and Failover License

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave Master Console and Failover License

Posted Sep 25, 2015 07:30 PM

Hi,

I am working with two Airwave 8.0.9 servers, and I need the Master Console and Failover features, so I added the AW-K12-1 license in order to enable it. My issue is that after add the license to the Airwave these features are kept disable.

The following screenshot shows the license summary

Captura de pantalla 2015-09-25 a las 15.09.28.png

I hope yo can help me.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Master Console and Failover License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2015 07:32 PM
    Those are two separately licensed features with their own product key. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Airwave Master Console and Failover License

Posted Sep 25, 2015 07:44 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.

The decription of the AW-K12-1 license is the following: "AirWave software license to manage a single device (AP, controller, switch, etc.). K-12 license includes Master Console and Failover."

Do I need the two separately licenses ?

• 4.  RE: Airwave Master Console and Failover License
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2015 08:37 PM

The Failover and Master Console feature for AirWave requires a separate server from the AMP server. If you had two AMP servers, one Failover and one Master Console, that would be four separate physical or virtual servers. The MC and FO are licensed completely different from AMPs. So if you have 500 AW-K12-1, those would need to be activated as AMP and FO and/or MC would be licensed separately.

I would reach out to your account team to get details on the mechanisms to get your FO and MC activated.