Network Management

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

Posted Sep 22, 2017 05:16 PM

Hi Community:

I am planning to deploy a Master Console on a virtual enviroment and I have these questions:

Could you help me with the characteristics of a virtual machine to install Airwave Master Console and the percentage of partitions used on it?

What is the main goal of the storage on the Master Console? I think all monitoring data and reports are stored on AMPs

is it possible to start with a certain amount of storage to this server and after increase the resources? or maybe create a different partition for a different partition of the aruba.

Regards

Carlos Contreras

• 2.  RE: Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

Posted Sep 28, 2017 06:49 PM

Any Help about this topic?

• 3.  RE: Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 09:23 PM

Hi,

Below is a snapshot from hardware sizing guide for the master console.

Capture2.PNG

Most virtualized environments use a shared disk subsystem assuming that each application will have bursts of I/O without a sustained high I/O throughput. AirWave requires a continuous sustained high data I/O rate.

Note: Arubarecommends a 20% increase buffer for virtual environments. Ensure you allocate enough extra disk spacefor the OS and swap when partitioning the virtual disk.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

Posted Sep 29, 2017 12:56 PM

Hi Vishnu

Thank you for your answer, do you know how the partitions are structured in an Airwave Master Console and what is the pourpose of the storage in Master Console?

• 5.  RE: Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:33 PM

/root = OS & AirWave codebase

/usr = running code

/var = logs, database (includes reports), graphs, and backups

-- MC compiles data collected from watched AMPs for summary view

-- MC reports will either go off local MC db or be pulled from the watched AMPs depending on the data granularity of the report

Ideally, it will be installed as a single partition, but if you must pull a partition off server - it should be the /var partition which usage varies based on number of watched AMPs and number of reports (and frequency reports are run).