Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Mismatch error

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 09, 2015 11:13 AM

hello,
    I'm a bit new to Airwave, I configured my controller aruba so that it associate with airwave but the problem is always get an error message "different 1"
    airwave displays all controller statistics "number of AP, users ... etc"
    do you have any idea ?!

you find attached some screenshot ?!

airwave-different-1.PNG

• 2.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 11:30 AM
    Click Expand Folder to show all devices to show the device that is
    mismatched.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 09, 2015 02:18 PM

hi,

the device mismatched is a identified "it is the controlleur, as you can see in the third attachment the

error cause is "error fitching courent configuration"

• 4.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 09, 2015 02:58 PM

Based on the 3rd screen capture it looks like the Airwave it not able to login to the device via SSH to pull a fresh configuraiton. Some configuraiton has changed and it cannot pull a new config to make sure it is correct now, so it stays Mismatched

Browse to the device which is Mismatched, and from the top choose 'Manage'

From there you can update the SSH username/password and ensure that it is correct. When you save the changes Airwave should test the credentials to ensure they work as required. 

After this if your device is in Monitor only mode you can import the configuration from the controller to update the group and clear the mismatch. If the device is managed by airwave, you need to figure out if you want Airwave to push the changes down, or if you want to import the chnages you made directly on the controller back into the Airwave group.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 09, 2015 04:14 PM

hi ELiasz,

thank you for the replay , i'll check the username and the password.

regards.

• 6.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 10, 2015 09:45 AM
      |   view attached

i  create a new root user for airwave

and now i'm getting a new kind of error :)

(joined image)

• 7.  RE: Airwave Mismatch error

Posted Feb 10, 2015 11:40 AM

Hello,

So it looks like now the Airwave is pulling the configuration.

The issue now is that the Controller configuration does not match what the Airwave group is configured for.

If you are only monitoring your controller with Airwave, you can simply import the configuration from the controller to the group. If you have multiple devices in the group, you should make sure non are managed as this might cause mismatches in their configuration. If this is the only device you should be fine importing the configration.

Click on the mismatch link beside Configuraiton: and from there it should show you the difference in config from the controller vs the Airwave group. If you want the configuraiton which is on the controller to be used for the group, click on the Import button, and then review the changes.

Once you import the configuraiton from the device to the group, you should no longer have a Mismatch.

_ELiasz