Network Management

Contributor I

Airwave Password Recovery

Hi All,

We've been testing Airwave with a temporary key and finally received our permanent key. However it's been some time since I've logged into the web interface that I can no longer remeber neither the username or password I used when I installed and begain to set it up. I do have the root password though. Is there any way to retrieve/reset the Airwave web interface password? I searched the KB, but only found a method for resetting the root password which is not the case.

Thanks!

Mark

Aruba

Re: Airwave Password Recovery

If you've lost the password you use to log in as admin to AMP's web interface, you can update it from the command line with this command which stores a hashed version of 'admin' as the password in our database:

From the CLI:

# dbc "update users set password='2cf94b0aea63ebf7bf41c90fe500603e' where username ='admin';"

If you use a name other than admin, you can change your user's password by modifying the where clause above. For example, to change joemontana's password to admin, this would work:

# dbc "update users set password='2cf94b0aea63ebf7bf41c90fe500603e' where username ='joemontana';"

Contributor I

Thanks Dan,

I was able to brute force my memory, but this will help for the next time I forget my password.

Mark

New Contributor

is this method also valid in airwave 8? i have tried it multiple times, but it still won't let me in the web interface.

Guru Elite

mkruyswijk wrote:

is this method also valid in airwave 8? i have tried it multiple times, but it still won't let me in the web interface.

Please contact TAC.  It does not work in Airwave 8.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I just ran into the same GUI password issie on AMP 8.  Tried admin/admin and it worked. 

Highlighted

Keep in mind that in AMP 8+, there's an additional column 'is_enabled' that should be set to 1.  You may also need to reset 'login_attempts' as well (by default, the max login attempts is 10 tries before account is disabled).

# dbc "select * from users where username='admin';"

-[ RECORD 1 ]---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
id | 1
username | admin
password | 2cf94b0aea63ebf7bf41c90fe500603e
role_id | 5
full_name |  admin
email |  admin@blank.com
phone |  555-555-5555
notes |
password_format | md5
login_attempts | 0
is_enabled | 1

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

you are right, that was my problem.

i now have 2 admin users on my airwave. just to make sure i can always unlock one :)

Occasional Contributor II

this's inspired me to fixed problem thanks

New Contributor

Hi 

I tried the same command on my AMP running version 8.0.5. I only have RO access to the GUI. Case #1908586. Please assist. 

I copied and pasted this command in order to login with admin rights:

dbc "update users set password='2cf94b0aea63ebf7bf41c90fe500603e' where username ='admin';"

Regards,

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: